Benefits of Pre Launch Airdrop

I think a pre airdrop really does help with growth prior launch. I’m voting yes.

5 Likes

Liqwid drop was great, unexpected. Indigo will be great aswell …

6 Likes

With Cardano finally getting off the ground I’d say why not? Indigo has a bright future just like Liqwid. Love them both!

3 Likes

yee but indigo is now kinda expected or ??

3 Likes

Totally agreed, an airdrop like the one for liqwid is the best idea.

3 Likes

Airdrop works, team just needs to make sure that a cut-off date is before the announcement of airdrop. So in our case it would be say ~Jan 19.

4 Likes

Given the success of the LQ airdrop, and the interconnectedness of the two protocols - makes sense to follow what LQ did.

5 Likes

Looks like everyone is motivated for this proposal :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Indeed, we are :smiley: cant wait !

2 Likes

Indeed that’s a great way to incentivize newcomers to be involved ! :+1:

3 Likes

I agree completely with this. But I’d add to these valid points. The reason Liqwid’s airdrop went so well for its recipients was because it wasn’t announced thus watered down by users getting in only for the airdrop. Their users were a smaller yet stronger community who were in it for the utility and longer term benefits of Liqwid. Obviously we all want more tokens and for those tokens to be highly valued but if Indigo wanted a fair launch ie. to reward their community and distribute their tokens, they will have to have do something similar to Liqwid like take a user snapshot (without letting anyone know) then announce the airdrop. They could also split their token distribution into 3 distinct stages:

1. OG community members
  2. Discord members joined after the snapshot
  3. ISPO
    (all in line with regulations)

This rewards core community members, rewards word-of-mouth promotion because of stage 2 and then stage 2 qualifiers spread the word further because of the ISPO. Something like this multistage token distribution might tick all the boxes.

12 Likes

Airdroping to the community before launch has clearly done wonders for projects in the past.
I think it gets the ball rolling before protocol launch, that’s pretty cool imo.

2 Likes

I believe that a well done airdrop will benefit the community and contribute to the decentralization of the protocol (avoiding whales), so i’m 100% behind this

1 Like

i agree on this! keep this up team

1 Like

First I must commend the team for putting the idea of a prelaunch airdrop up for considering after initial avoiding to go that route. It indeed needs deliberation. Aside from the Indy community being overtly excited about the idea of a prelaunch air drop, we must actually take into consideration the real positives here Viz a Viz;

1. It puts the project right on the map. Every project needs visibility. The media action this will generate will save the team some money on advertisement.

2. It provides initial liquidity amongst users when the token is to be listed on DEX/CEX. A good example is the over sample example as in LQ (lol).

3. It rewards the community (most especially the ones that have come to form it’s core) for believing in this project, way before the formation of DCA and other things that made it look more of a project to look out for. Also make people become attached to the project and not just investors.

As much as alot of clamour for airdrop seem like dancing to the music from the crowd… It should be remembered that there is a reason the crowd is excited. So far it is a little percentage of the total supply that is employed for this purpose, the benefit outweighs the risk a thousand folds. My 2 cent on the matter.

11 Likes

That is a very good idea. I think most of us know how much hype LQ gained after the airdrop. Everyone (including me) was or is still is hyped. Also many people who haven’t heard a single word about LQ are suddenly seeing that a few people have recieved a big airdrop and that they want to be part of it too.
All in all, I can say that I really like the idea to reward early members and in my opinion an airdrop would help to gain members and spread the word.
(Unfortunately I am not a native speaker, I apologize for any linguistic error I may have made .)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for creating this topic and spurring discussion. There are some great ideas in here. Ultimately we want to do what’s best for the Indigo community because Indigo is a community driven project.

I want to add some thoughts on the points sarantium made.

1. Indigo rewards those who participate in the protocol via the ability to earn INDY. It’d be great if we can find additional ways, such as a pre-launch airdrop, to reward Indigo supporters.

2. Liquidity is definitely beneficial. We’ll be creating a liquidity pool for INDY on a DEX. An airdrop doesn’t necessarily aid in creating liquidity. To aid liquidity we could also consider alternative strategies such as distributing Liquidity Pool tokens instead of distributing INDY directly.

3. I’m not sure if there’s a motivation for early supporters to spread the word, since that would dilute the distribution of INDY and thus each participant would get less INDY.

4. I agree that airdrops do generally bring a lot of good publicity.

5. There are many benefits to airdrops. We need to ensure that if we’re to do an airdrop pre-launch then we do so in a fair manner that benefits the whole community.

25 Likes

Liqwid’s airdrop, while it generated a lot of salty people in the beginning when they announced the qualifying element to their drop, it eventually retained solid loyalty and engagement from their qualified members.

Key to this I think was that the qualifying element, whatever it was, wasn’t announced before hand. So people will need to engage genuinely. It’d then be up to Indigo what qualifying element to take as a qualifier depending on what it thinks is the best indicator of a member’s sincere engagement.

Announcing the drop, but not the qualifier, WILL spark the interest and could sustain it. People will latch on to the server and forums like hawks eagerly anticipating what this qualifier would be. Organically, that dynamic enhances learning and info sharing. Further increasing exposure.

So maybe keep the qualifying element a secret for now. Just hype the aidrop. And get members to continue to engage, be good to other members, keep the conversations alive etc. Then Indigo can take a snapshot, and announce what this qualifier will then be.

10 Likes

Yeah, this was unfortunate. I reckon the issues during launch would invariably have turned a lot of newbie users off. First impressions and everything.

On the bright side, other projects that are about to launch (Indigo, LQ, Minswap, etc) can learn from this. A smooth launch will potentially gain them loyal users at launch particularly those that hop in and engage with the protocol the first time without having been inside the Discord servers. With a good first time user experience comes a happy, more interested, and (hopefully) loyal returning customer.

3 Likes

I like this idea, some skin in the game and it would help us grow our community!!

2 Likes