Benefits of Pre Launch Airdrop

Did I read a post correctly that someone already has INDY tokens? If true how ?

1 Like

Would be great to keep the forum alive l. Forum gives that OG vibe from disscusion + here will be less low effort posts than there are on discord.

3 Likes

No you are wrong . There are 0 indys given

1 Like

You are absolutely right! On top of that general observation suggests that protocols conducting regular airdrops are more resilient over time.

1 Like

I thought someone said that they had some and they’re holding them. Wasn’t sure if it were here or discord

1 Like

My suggestion is hype an airdrop, keep secret the qualifying mechanics (keep members guessing, hence forcing everybody to fully and genuinely engage) and then pick the qualifying parameters and take a screenshot - then announce who qualifies.

3 Likes

This should be great! similar to how anetaBTC is doing it currently. They’ve run invite contests, infographics making contests, etc. It really increased their exposure to a lot of users

4 Likes

I was fortunate enough to receive the $LQ airdrop - I think it is an amazing mechanism to generate interest in the project.

As a side benefit, it really changed the lives of some who live in 3rd world countries which is nice to see.

6 Likes

what a great idea , looking forward (Y)

2 Likes

This would be awesome

2 Likes

What parameters where you thinking about?

2 Likes

good points! 100% agree

3 Likes

agreee! and pre launch airdrops may be beneficial for residents of certain countries where airdrops have to be fully taxed

4 Likes

Thanks @sarantium very valid points. I think both pre and post launch airdrops have their respective advantages and disadvantages and like your suggestion on Discord to go 50/50 on the airdrop allocation, so half for each option. In the end there will always be the people trying to make a quick flip and the ones in it for the long haul

4 Likes

valid point. but this problem occurs anyway in both pre and post launch airdrop, right? so better be quick with the distribution :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Airdrop would definitely bring more attention on the project! But we should be on the look-out for bad actors.

1 Like

In general, yes, I agree. Pre-launch airdrops are exciting, and are capable of generating a lot of interest in a project. Especially when the project is as sound as INDY or LQ. anetaBTC has managed to capture quite an audience. The gamified multi-socials airdrop speed competitions brought in a lot of users, and cNETA has surpassed LQ in terms of ADA market cap (according to muesli, atm). However, chasing them was maddening - also, by and large, what was dropped to the winners wasn’t nearly as lucrative as what LQ dropped. Of course, LQ went to relatively few while cNETA went to multiple thousands of folks.

I suppose it’s important to orient goals. Spreading wealth in an egalitarian manner is an ideal. A “fairdrop” is becoming in vogue these days. We could look to the Cosmos ATOM ecosystem as a partial model for the airdrop distribution. I like that a number of those airdrops have required users to complete various missions before dropping the coins into the wallets. Such prerequisites actually, literally reward early use and adoption of the platform. Such an airdrop structure normalizes/demystifies the operation of an otherwise foreign platform.

Another fairdrop feature that might work well is a vesting / unlocking period, or perhaps rolling out claim missions over the course of a couple of months. That might also help to keep folks coming back to, and interacting with, the platform. It would also disincentivize some kind of dump day.

TL/DR: I support a rolling fairdrop starting pre-launch (buzz), and continuing a few months past protocol launch (adoption). Also, the comment earlier suggesting an airdrop of L/P tokens seemed pretty smart. I’m going to go hit the like button on it now.

7 Likes

There could be a hybrid approach. For example. You plan 5% given to community. The first drop, however decided could be 2%. Then after say 6 months or 1 year those address that have tokens still from the first airdrop get their value matched. There will be some not given out because some people sold and that would be available along with another 1% for other community positive actions, however determined.

6 Likes

Rolling fair airdrop is the key word here bro. Nice write up.

1 Like

one thing for sure alot of people will hodl their bags. My biggest concern is a lock or vesting function

1 Like