Benefits of Pre Launch Airdrop

Absolutely agree: Since this protocol does have a governance side of it, It would reward the active individuals who would, possibly, actively participate in the governance landscape.

This was also a primary motivator with the recent Liqwid airdrop.

10 Likes

@sarantium Spot on!!

7 Likes

Pretty solid arguments are made here in favor of such an airdrop event. I am just curious what are the cons to organize such an airdrop event. Are there any?

8 Likes

what i can think of is cardano dust token fee (1.5ada)+ tx fee 0.17 , so almost 2 ada per drop

6 Likes

IMHO They could use the DripDropz thechnology for that as LQ team did. The receiver pays themselves for the fees.

7 Likes

I did not dare ask!
I guess mainly the organisational side of it.

7 Likes

Agree, that could potentially create a lot of work for team besides there fulltime dev work as we saw with the LQ airdrop. This Could distract the focus of the team. Is one I can think of.

7 Likes

ah so true, forgot about drip, great platform

7 Likes

If there is an airdrop, every one who want to get it must doing some task to spread about this project, for example, retweet, post to instagram . But everyone who did the task in time must get the airdrop .

8 Likes

I agree. Pre airdrop would be more beneficial to the Indigo community. It definitely will give Indigo a competitive edge, and it’s a great way to enhance Indigo marketing.

10 Likes

The airdrop seems like a great idea!

9 Likes

Agreed that pre airdrop will definitely create and build values both to the project and community. NETA-cNETA recent methods were really much appreciated by communities, taking it to another level. Market would certainly be widened by the growing users. And we also still have dripdropz through SPO.

13 Likes

Short good Thread.

i agree with your arguments.
its cheap effektive marketing and allows for early liquidity providing.
I am all for it.

7 Likes

I agree with having an airdrop but I think the team should find a better way like KYC or something for airdrop or maybe half pre launch and other half post launch. This will keep the interest even after the launch.

8 Likes

Absolutely. We can learn from LQ and NETA/cNETA on how to spread the word and grow. And maybe learn from SundaeSwap on how not to do things. Even though they warned for congestion a lot of exitement and hype among the community was lost.

8 Likes

I think it’s also good from a legal perspective. Maybe Liqwid did it this way for a reason. It avoids the ico model that most US citizens can’t avail of. Avoids the SEC I believe, some other legal experts can weigh in on that. Also by releasing a limited supply of a good project to a vested community with a good token release roadmap it will naturally find a good price on Muesli or Sundae without the team having to set it. Team gets rewarded for the hard work. Vested community benefits too. Hopefully I’m not talking rubbish :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Certainly, but make it somewhat legitimate.

4 Likes

Aidrop is good thing if executed right.

4 Likes

Freedef here, Lets wait what DEV team comes up with

3 Likes

I think one of the elements that made the Liqwid airdrop so successful was that they closed off access to their discord after announcing it. Whilst this did limit participation it prevented the dilution of the core community which I think is an important factor to consider. The subsequent aftermath and “exclusive” nature of Liqwid’s drop was what drew in interest and community members. If you promote an airdrop without implementing a similar pre-defined cut off people will just FOMO in and you’d lose the aspect of what made Liqwids airdrop so special.

18 Likes