Air Drop Proposal

This seams fair, would it be a single pool?

6 Likes

Maybe a distribution through DripDrop. You have to hold x amount (with a cap obviously to avoid it being hogged by a few) to receive x amount of INDY in x amount of Epoches.

7 Likes

Iā€™m relatively new to all of this, but is the threat of individuals getting in on the airdrop and then selling off tokens really that prevalent?

Also, there as been a number of comments referencing tests or confirmation that airdrop recipients are knowledgeable enough to participate (as a means to prevent short term investors), but that feels counter intuitive. Speaking for myself, I see this a long term opportunity to be involved in creating new and exciting things, and I canā€™t imagine there are a lot people with less experience in the crypto world putting the effort in to ā€œearnā€ participation in the airdrop only to sell immediately.

Maybe this is my lack of experience showing, but if the goal is to increase the community and incentivize engagement, then putting up roadblocks to enter feels counterproductive.

10 Likes

The idea isnā€™t bad, but granted the airdropped community would be educated on the use cases. Before the airdrop distribution, maybe one of the mods could create a thread incentivizing the airdropped holders where and how to allocate their tokens for more rewards. Spreading awareness of their options rather than implementing forced restrictions will create long term holders. IMO

16 Likes

Very solid idea with a lot of characteristics. A ā€œvestingā€ period to avoid initial dumps is also important.

7 Likes

I like the proposal but think we have to think of something better for part 3. As several people start LPā€™ing their tokens, $indy will rise in value. Some will add their ada to their airdrop indy for say 200 ADA, while other will have to add 500 or 1000, while all will have received the same airdropped indy tokens. It will create an unfair situation, stress on the blockchain and a stressful race to be amongst the first to lp.

7 Likes

Yeah, impermanent loss is a factor that we canā€™t ignore. Holders probably donā€™t want to lose their token holdings due to it.

14 Likes

Yeah, browsing several threads here makes me really confused since I saw a lot of proposals of ā€œhow to make it difficult to be eligible for the token airdropā€. Thatā€™s not really community friendly I think. I do understand that we want a strong community but there should be some other ways to build it without those unencouraging methods.

15 Likes

Hey thatā€™s not bad, new ideas new project.This as well would would work for future collaborations, I think .

5 Likes

Some people may not have enough ADA to provide LP together with the INDY token they have and they may want to sell some. In addition, impermanent loss is an issue, I donā€™t want to lose my INDY token at all. I believe this project will be a great one in the future and of course its token price will increase a lot. Providing LP is not my best choice to hold a token.

22 Likes

I second that. The airdrop should be a mean to get more community members or have them involved more, not pushing people away like this.

15 Likes

I do agree. And I donā€™t understand why we need to force them do this and do that with the token they get from an airdrop. Let them decide what to do with the token they get. Itā€™s better to offer more attractive incentives to token holders I guess.

11 Likes

This idea is a better one I think. We can have many other way to keep them not selling by their own decision, not being forced.

11 Likes

I understand your point on making sure people donā€™t get the airdrop and bail. Iā€™m for that as well but we have to remember the Indigo community is a diverse community which gives it strength but everyone has differing financial situations. We need to make sure we minimize those people who do not HODL but do it so we donā€™t force folks to invest money that they may or may not have.

13 Likes

There are flaws in this proposal. It is advantageous only to those who have more. It is recommended to reconsider the reason for not doing ISO.

7 Likes

I agree about solutions that prevent selling pressure from the airdrop receivers, but this expose all of them to impermanent loss, a single asset staking option (also a locked one) would be much better, at least for me

4 Likes

and how we are gonna make sure the airdrop is not rigged?
what if one person manages to claim two or more airdrops?

4 Likes

i would like to take on this and combine with another proposal where you give your liquidity tokens to DEXā€™s and the ada locked in those contracts are delegated to single SPOā€™s to incentivize decentralization

6 Likes

This definetely will help to prevent cash grabers

6 Likes

Honestly not a bad idea but should be interesting to see which route goes by the devs.

5 Likes