Air Drop Proposal

Sounds right to me. Few changes can be made here and there.

7 Likes

This is interesting and would be helpful to stabilize INDY price in the long-run. Might be a difficult thing to execute unless the actual drop is powered by smart contracts triggering the claim of initial drop to convert into LP and subsequent signatures for LP staking that time unlocks the last stage for receiving the remaining portions of the drop :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

8 Likes

Idea is good but there was a discussion regarding a same approach earlier and it was pointed out that it is difficult and time consuming to implement.

7 Likes

I like the idea but as I understand it the current options that Indigo presented in the vote were vetted by their legal team. I’m not sure if this proposal would pass the legal vetting process or not. Would be interesting to find out though.

8 Likes

Valid point. As it is important to reward early supporters, it is also equally important that early supporta don’t just dump their tokens in the market.

10 Likes

Interesting idea, but perhaps a Liquidity Bootstrapping Event is better.

Minswap is running one at the moment. Check it out at https://lbe.minswap.org.

Downside is we need to change the tokenomics to allocate $INDY for this event, but at the moment it’s the best solution for price discovery.

12 Likes

Interesting idea, but not sure if a holding incentive like this is that necessary. I am an airdropped LQ holder myself and (like many other LQ holders) still have the majority of my tokens as I am mostly interested in using them in the protocol. I would say that given the similar fair launch distribution for Indy, most people that will receive airdropped tokens are likely to hold on them and use for the Indigo platform as well…

16 Likes

I would suggest making the airdrop eligible only to those people actively engaging in the social media channels, forum/discord/twitter etc…if we’re honest, too many people will do the absolute minimum to qualify for any upcoming airdrops. Minswap made people fill out a questionnaire on how the Testnet worked to be eligible. Just my two cents. :grinning:

11 Likes

Hi, it’s an interesting idea. the more ideas that are presented, the better the basis for discussion and construction of the final idea.

7 Likes

Indigo protocol could also check if user is longime cardano holder, and if they participate (stake, vote…) and if they do, they could be rewarded for that.

8 Likes

I’m not exactly sure that the purpose of the team developing the platform is to make it harder for people to participate in testing and win a potential reward for their efforts. I agree that there are also a lot of airdrope hunters in every community but this is hard to prevent, least of all in the way that very high standards are set and thus barriers for most average platform users. To my knowledge, the intention of developers is to attract as wide a crowd as possible with the use of new platforms and technologies with a user-friendly approach. The content and usability of the product will be the one that will keep the users. In my experience, I used one of the exchanges for a long time. When she recently started withholding funds before transferring to another account for 24 hours, I simply replaced her.

15 Likes

I agree in some perspective about the original post, but I also agree with this comment. All we need to do in this forum is to find the optimal position between usage of airdrop for the project and increase in popularity of the project. No body can guarantee the result, so I think the average opinion here will be the best choice for now.

8 Likes

That makes sense to me. Some people just follow projects for airdrops and no more. That doesn’t add a single thing to building a strong community

6 Likes

Its not a bad idea, but I thinkbthe fear of ppl dumping is overblown… The protocolo will thrive on Its own merits. We see what LQ did… And INDY will have instant utility. Either way Its gonna be good

10 Likes

Not very experienced with LP’s and the concept of impermanent loss etc. Would prefer a more standard staking mechanism tbh :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Yeah, some mechanisms needs to be deplotmyed to make sure people are not here just for quick profit but for the long term growth of the project

7 Likes

I second that. There are too many project where with moonbois shilling their coins and they really don’t add any value to the community. The beauty of Cardano community is solid projects like this where people express and exchange ideas on how to to co-create which gives good insights and would strengthen both the project and the community as a whole.

7 Likes

That’s actually a nice plan!
But probably it would be better advertised to split the airdrop in two parts, with the second part be given to the people who stake and provide liquidity. It doesn’t sound very nice having a percentage of the airdrop restricted. Just an idea :smiley:

8 Likes

Too complicated I would say

11 Likes

Agree with everything except SS has a lot of congestion. It would probably be better to stake on indigo protocol itself or choose another alternative such as Muesli, Minswap etc if the platform isn’t ready as yet.

6 Likes