Wallet compatibility

Dear Indigos,

Does anyone know which wallets will be compatible when Indigo launch it’s v1?

Regards,

41 Likes

Interesting question. Assuming we may need SC functionality to create a new iAsset, but I’m curious to hear the team’s response :thinking:

10 Likes

Id assume it would be compatible with Nami or CCVault since they are most the most used wallets for smart contract interaction. But id be interested in knowing as well. Hope i dont have to throw the PKs at another wallet.

8 Likes

No official list yet, but we’re targeting to support Nami and ccvault at launch. So long as a wallet follows the CIP-30 standard we should be able to support it at some point.

36 Likes

What are som open source wallets once can look into?

5 Likes

I guess most of the wallet with dApp connector

4 Likes

@Shrooms805 Check Nami if you want something that’s similar to Metamask. Otherwise, I strongly recommend ccvault. Its UI might be a bit confusing for a beginner, but it has all functionalities that you need on Cardano network, and a really good team behind it. It can be connected to dApps and Daedalus full node.

8 Likes

I hope you guys prioritize ccvault. Nami’s single address functionality is inconvenient when you try to restore other SW wallets in it.

13 Likes

Yeah, definitely a good question.

4 Likes

Hoping for ccvault as I’ve thrown out and deleted Yoroi. It’s way too slow.

4 Likes

I like ccvault as well!

4 Likes

I think it also has advantages. Either way, they likely both will be supported at launch.

4 Likes

I am interested in advantages and disadvantages to Yoroi , ccvault, Nami, and Daedalus wallets from users. I have not used any of them and have all of my ADA in several custodial wallets right now. I have set up all but Nami. I like the option of an iOS mobile wallet with Yoroi and ccvault.io. I’ve installed the Daedalus wallet on my C: SSD drive not realizing it downloads a copy of the whole blockchain (over 8GB). I might re-install to my HDD drive with more room or delete if there are better options. I also have a Metamask wallet, but have some reservations about using it unless absolutely necessary. I use Brave and have a Brave wallet as well. Any feedback on what wallets and why you use them would be helpful.

5 Likes

What is slow about a Yoroi wallet?

2 Likes

for now it seems to be ccvault is the best

6 Likes

@sannavagon Why do you think so?

2 Likes

It over took Yoroi when people were minting $HOSKY, way smoother UI. I used Yoroi and compared to CCVAULT, there is no challenge. I think Yoroi is more useful on ERGO.

2 Likes

I think CCV…they are just getting better and better

2 Likes

Check here:

6 Likes

lets hope Yoroi is excluded

2 Likes