Indigo terminology choices

Edit: Changed my mind due to ease of terminology use. Going with proposal 2.

Proposal 2 seems to be easier and handy to understand than other proposals to me.

I prefer 3. Keeping names succinct and simple, when possible, is usually the best way to go. It makes it easier to refer to when talking about or telling new people about a project.

I also like the use of “potentially” in the terminology. If there are periods of time when rewards are small or zero, people wont feel like they were misled.

1 Like

I’d totally go for Proposal 3.
However, I’d also like to see:
Governance Incentives or Governance Rewards instead of just Governance.
Not every single project out there incentivises Governance so I think it’ll be nice to make that clear.
Otherwise it could be understood that the tokens are allocated just to develop the governance as opposed to also incentivising the participants.

1 Like

The fork in the road is whether to use DeFi terms or try to improve on these, reinventing them in some way. If we reinvent, the only sensible approach is to use something an average person might understand. That’s actually quite difficult and depends a lot more on marketing and on the quality of documentation than on the actual words used. The words do need to appeal to people generally, or at least not put them off.

1 Like

I also prefer Proposal 2. ‘Staker’ and ‘Delegator’ are descriptive of what the user does, whereas ‘Reward’ is focused on what the user gets. For me this seems clearer, and I agree that it will be fairly intuitive for new users to understand their role and be a little clearer about what they are doing in relation to the functioning of the protocol.

Yup
proposal 2 seems to be a nice blend of simplicity but still informative

Proposal 3, simple and objective.
1.Stability
2.Liquidity
3.Governance
4.ITD
5.DAO Treasury
6.Team

I think Proposal 3 would be best.

One thing, the options are several. But, do we intend to reflect what it is or what it would bring to the user? For example, if we want the former, we would keep the stability pool; if we want the second stability staker. For me, it would be best to put it this way: Stability pool/stability staker, so everything that it implies is reflected.

1 Like

After spending some time going over the pros/cons of the three proposals, I prefer Proposal #2. Proposal #2 has the benefit of being easier to understand for the typical person than the more granular Proposal #1. Proposal #2 also gives enough granularity needed to understand the requirements to receive rewards over Proposal #3 which although simple does not say you will receive rewards just the “potential” to receive them.

1 Like

I’ll go with no. 3 - keep it simple.

Hello ! I would go for a mix of the third proposition with the first one. Adding Stability Stakers and put this one element in light. Liquidity and governance can be named as it is.

I think Proposal 3 :slightly_smiling_face:

I would prefer your Proposal 4

Otherwise Proposal 2

My choice would be proposal 3. I do think Indigo should appeal to existing investors as well as newcomers, who will contribute to liquidity, the stability of the protocol and the development of the community. A simple and easy to grasp , “bullet point” nomenclature would only benefit the adoption and help break the first use barrier - for the learning, evolving, exploring, I’m sure other tools will be available to those who take interest. Besides that, this is what the community is here for :slight_smile:

How about we break down these proposals further:

Proposals x.1

Proposal 1.1: Stability

Stability. Stake your iAssets to an Indigo Stability Pool — earn INDY and liquidation rewards.

You stake iAssets to a Stability Pool because your iAssets are at risk of loss to maintain protocol stability in exchange for compensation. You’re now providing Stability and are rewarded via Stability distributions.

Proposal 2.1: Stability Incentives

Stability Incentives. Stake your iAssets to an Indigo Stability Pool — earn INDY and liquidation rewards.

You stake iAssets to a Stability Pool because your iAssets are at risk of loss to maintain protocol stability in exchange for compensation. You become a Stability Staker and are distributed Stability Incentives.

Proposal 3.1: Stability Rewards

Stability Rewards. Stake your iAssets to an Indigo Stability Pool — earn INDY and liquidation rewards.

You stake iAssets to a Stability Pool because your iAssets are at risk of loss to maintain protocol stability in exchange for compensation. You become a Stability Staker and are distributed Stability Rewards.

Proposal 4.1: Stability Stakers

Stability Staking. Stake your iAssets to an Indigo Stability Pool — earn INDY and liquidation rewards.

You stake iAssets to a Stability Pool because your iAssets are at risk of loss to maintain protocol stability in exchange for compensation. You become a Stability Staker and are rewarded via Stability Staking distributions.

Proposals x.2

Proposal 1.2: Liquidity

Liquidity. Provision iAssets as liquidity to a DEX — earn INDY as a reward.

You stake your iAssets to a DEX and either stake your LP tokens to a Liquidity Provider Pool or follow instructions for one of Indigo’s partnered DEXs. You’re now providing Liquidity and are rewarded via Liquidity distributions.

Proposal 2.2: Liquidity Incentives

Liquidity Incentives. Provision iAssets as liquidity to a DEX — earn INDY as a reward.

You stake your iAssets to a DEX and either stake your LP tokens to a Liquidity Provider Pool or follow instructions for one of Indigo’s partnered DEXs. You’re now providing Liquidity and are rewarded via Liquidity Incentives.

Proposal 3.2: Liquidity Proofers

Liquidity Proofing. Prove to an Indigo Liquidity Provider Pool that you’re providing iAssets as liquidity to a DEX — earn INDY as a reward.

You prove that you’re a DEX liquidity provider either by depositing DEX LP tokens to a Liquidity Provider Pool or following instructions for one of Indigo’s partnered DEXs. You become a Liquidity Proofer and are rewarded via Liquidity Proofing distributions.

Proposal 4.2: Liquidity Rewards

Liquidity Rewards. Provision iAssets as liquidity to a DEX — earn INDY as a reward.

You stake your iAssets to a DEX and either stake your LP tokens to a Liquidity Provider Pool or follow instructions for one of Indigo’s partnered DEXs. You’re now providing Liquidity and are rewarded via Liquidity Rewards.

Proposal 5.2: Liquidity Stakers

Liquidity Staking. Provision iAssets to a DEX and stake to an Indigo Liquidity Provider Pool — earn INDY as a reward.

You provision your iAssets to a DEX liquidity pool and either stake your DEX LP tokens to a Liquidity Provider Pool or follow instructions for one of Indigo’s partnered DEXs. You become a Liquidity Staker and are rewarded via Liquidity Staking distributions.

Proposals x.3

Proposal 1.3: Governance

Governance. Vote on Governance proposals using your INDY — earn INDY as a reward plus your share of Indigo Protocol fees.

You stake your INDY to vote for or against Indigo Governance proposals. You’re now participating in Governance and are rewarded via Governance distributions.

Proposal 2.3: Governance Delegators

Governance Delegating. Delegate your INDY towards Indigo Governance proposals — earn INDY as a reward plus your share of Indigo Protocol fees.

You delegate your INDY to vote for or against Indigo Governance proposals. You become a Governance Delegator and are rewarded via Governance Delegating distributions.

Proposal 3.3: Governance Incentives

Governance Incentives. Vote on Governance proposals using your INDY — earn INDY as a reward plus your share of Indigo Protocol fees.

You stake your INDY to vote for or against Indigo Governance proposals. You’re now participating in Governance and are rewarded via Governance Incentives distributions.

Proposal 4.3: Governance Rewards

Governance Rewards. Vote on Governance proposals using your INDY — earn INDY as a reward plus your share of Indigo Protocol fees.

You stake your INDY to vote for or against Indigo Governance proposals. You’re now participating in Governance and are rewarded via Governance Rewards distributions.

Proposal 5.3: Governance Stakers

Governance Staking. Vote on Governance proposals using your staked INDY — earn INDY as a reward plus your share of Indigo Protocol fees.

You stake your INDY to vote for or against Indigo Governance proposals. You’re now a Governance Staker and are rewarded via Governance Staking distributions.

I feel the **1.x ** proposals would be best. As long as the descriptions are close or near by, the simple naming should be understood.

I prefer proposal 2.

Created poll: What terminology should we use to describe Indigo?