Incentivizing delegation to lower saturated pools?

Most of us in Cardano want a very decentralized system. The best way to do that is have as many low saturated pools as possible that still create a block. I know adding the requirement for a single stake pool operator is even better, but much harder to implement or require a whitelist.

I propose a mechanic where $INDY stakers would only receive full rewards if delegating their corresponding ada to SPs who meet these requirements.

Looking forward to others thoughts on this idea.

45 Likes

I could’d agree. Indigo need to be cross chain to grow up and to became relevant. There are many competidors on the market, to use Indigo’s solution we need to thing outside the box.

6 Likes

I think this might actually be fine for the initial distribution, for the first few weeks/months.

7 Likes

Resolving this particular issue in a fair and balanced way is huge roadblock atm but also a tremendous opportunity for whomever can lay the groundwork for a successful approach that will support all spo’s and maintain decentralization!

4 Likes

I agree with this sentiment, although I don’t know the details of what Indigo plans to do with respect to stake pools.

For those not intimately familiar with this issue, the maladex team just published a detailed explanation of why you ought to care if you care about decentralization and security in the Cardano network. It’s in the context of their ISPO ending in a few epochs, but it has a wealth of information on the matter.

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea; SundaeSwap has biased us towards centralization. This is very unfortunate. We should not forget that decentralization is the first and most important thing.

5 Likes

This is an important initiative. Thank you for bringing it up.

Indigo is working with the Cardano Single Pool Alliance (CSPA) to improve Cardano’s decentralization. We’re helping manage the CSPA list on adafolio.

23 Likes

Many small SPOs make pools for their own benefit and retire. This is something that will happen in the future. What will you believe and use them?

1 Like

This is a great proposal idea I would say, Maybe the team knows of some small SPOs?

3 Likes

Ideally, the team wouldn’t even choose a “whitelist” of SPOs. The SPs would just need to meet a list of criteria that would be checked at the start of every epoch. That list of criteria is something we could vote on.

4 Likes

I love the idea of SPs just needing to meet a list of criteria to be included (if an ISPO is utilized), as it will lead to a large number of small SPs being included. The more pools included, the less chance of over saturating pools or causing centralization in the process. It’s also a great way for smaller, lesser known pools to get more delegations and become more known in the ecosystem.

3 Likes

Will there also be an incentive to stake for longer periods? I know I am participating in a few ISPOs because of the promise of future airdrops and/or pre-sales of the token for longer term delegators. This influenced my decision even more than the rewards that my limited amount of ada would generate.

2 Likes

This sounds like a great idea. Decentralization is key. Having seen the impact of Sundae swap on the network, this mistake should never be repeated.
It’s been incredibly sad to see so many small SPs that were unable to continue as they lost so many delegators.

4 Likes

Did I miss something, I thought Indigo was not doing an ISPO? How are we looking to use SPOs?

2 Likes

You’re right. Indigo is not doing an ISPO. We are however working with SPOs. Stay tuned for future announcements on this topic.

15 Likes

I wasn’t suggesting an ISPO.

2 Likes

decentralization is something we need to encourage so that we can have the most secure cryptocurrency network, I believe indigo can help us with that.

3 Likes

That should be great and should be more known to people! I will inform my pool operators [SAPIO] about it! They will be really interested in participating if there is a posibility.

4 Likes

It’s something we often witness. Small SPOs make pools for their own purposes and retire before long. Can you trust and use it?

1 Like

SS incentivized decentralized with small pool operators with their RISO. Is that under consideration?

2 Likes