Incentivizing delegation to lower saturated pools?

Indigo is not doing an ISPO but I fully agree that we need to support Single Pool Operators to further decentralize Cardano.

4 Likes

If there would be a ISPO token distribution, it would be great to partner with an pool operator alliance and distribute to small pool delegators . This I believe will increase more delegators/traffic to small operators within their alliance .

1 Like

Ya that’s why we would have to agree on some metrics. Like being online for atleast X months before hand and min / max delegation amount.

1 Like

I agree completely, lets help strengthen the network as we go.

1 Like

for fixing the ‘decentralization’ issue on stake pools , i do not think a DApp (like Indigo) is the right place to enforce a fix. Stake pool delegation runs one tier higher up the chain so needs to be handled by the blockchain at large (i.e. Catalyst Fund level)

you could put a catalyst fund together to boost the rewards given out by SSPs , that would directly incentivize decentralization short term. as for sustaining, might need to be another solution.

2 Likes

This is true, and it happened for literally 1 epoch (5 days). After that, delegators just revert back to old behavior :frowning:

1 Like

DApps might be able to help though - for example the Ardana Stake Pool Alliance is a way to get smaller pools noticed.

1 Like

Excellent idea, this post deserves every like it has gotten and many more. SPOs will increase decentralization on our blockchain, we all should support them.

1 Like

It would be great, if there was a whale control mechanism, not to centralize the INDI tokens in your possession as happened with the other protocols.

2 Likes

The Ada rewards incentive is detrimental to decentralisation, as people have a natural motive to ‘follow the money’ and not consider delegating to one of the many SPOs that are not quite ready to produce blocks. Something needs to be done to reward smaller pools who are struggling to produce their first block. Now that delegaters are being seduced by ISPO offerings they are even less likely to delegate to a small SPO.

I’m not sure what the solution is, but new projects coming on chain could help in some regard, i would agree.

3 Likes

That’s what I was suggesting in the first post. They too would be included. If you want to exclude all non producing pools and only allow non producing pools then they themselves wouldn’t qualify after making their next block. It all comes down to how you setup the parameters.

1 Like