Discord or Forum

Im gonna be honest here, im not yet sure what this forum really gives above the discord platform right now. Or will this be the place where all the voting and voting snapshots will be held?

9 Likes

As far as I understand, all the voting will be done here and I suppose that the proposals to add iAssets as well. I know that if you are not used to it, it seems that it does not add much to discord, but it is a more formal place, focused only on Indigo and although it allows anyone to participate, I am sure that there are less spam / bots than in discord. It is quite similar to the cardano forum, which would be nice for everyone to participate too and it has a system of badges and recognition for users that is quite good.

25 Likes

valid point about it feeling more formal.

3 Likes

This forum is better than dc i think…the font is bigger…every subject arrange very tidy…i can find easily every subject we want discuss and read…i am not very active in dc…:grinning:

10 Likes

The forum allows a focused discussion on a particular area plus it much better organized to find a topic of interest.

3 Likes

It’s a place where your posts don’t disappear into the ether forever? At a bare minimum that alone is a valuable niche.

10 Likes

I think the forum is better than discord as others have stated above cus the info is more organized and easier to find. On discord, it’s sometimes difficult to follow along unless your on it 24/7

4 Likes

how are the votes recorded?

1 Like

This is an example of a vote (the only one I know of).

3 Likes

This would be my thoughts too to be honest.

Also, I much prefer the clear and easy to read layout of the forum - my eyes can’t handle discord!

5 Likes

Well, the only recorded vote right now is the one about the airdrop. It’s a poll. But I guess that the process will be somewhat different when holders of Indy tokens will be locking in their votes.

1 Like

100% agree! The discord is great to get an answer on something that maybe can’t be found from the team or community members or even just bounce ideas around but the forum has everything you need in a well organized platform so you can read through and learn at your leisure.

2 Likes

I prefer the forum. I am still relatively new to Discord but much prefer the more formal presentation on the forum.

2 Likes

Yes, voting will be held here. I believe forums are much better than a Discord channel. Don’t get me wrong, Discord is a very great and easy way to access your needs but a forum builds stronger communities. just my 2cents :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

As for now, voting is going to be here. Till we have a gov. token :currency_exchange:
Probably the indigo team will present a form of voting and proposals :100:
Forum is to discuss stuff and maybe some other benefits if you are active :wink:
:space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader:

3 Likes

It’s easier to follow conversations on forums, discord moves too fast and everyone is having different convos in the same space

2 Likes

I agree - I find this interface much easier to use and prefer reading and contributing through this platform than doing so via Discord.

4 Likes

This Forum will eventually be managed by the Indigo DAO. The Indigo Discord will continue to be managed by the Indigo team. The intention for the Forum is to discuss ideas for the protocol and conduct votes. Discord is a social media and marketing platform that provides an easy way for people to get their questions answered.

Because Discord is controlled by a centralized entity it’s subject to censorship, whereas the Forum remains open to all.

9 Likes

1This project is very good and this projector has a lot of attractions, so hopefully the project will be better in the future and the cryptocurrency will be there

1 Like

I much prefer this forum to the discord. I do pop in there if I have a quick question I’d like answered, but other than that I’m in here. I like that I can read specific topics to discuss and follow. It feels more geared to people who really like the project as opposed to just anyone who joins the discord. It’s just one more level of involvement