Are there other oracles, besides Charli3, that Indigo will use?

Obviously Chainnlink is another obvious choice or are you planning to stay Cardano Native? Are there other CNO’s?

16 Likes

I think they did mention they will be supporting and working with chainlink and Charlie 3 :thinking::thinking:

8 Likes

they did and i believe they announced a partnership if I am not mistaken.

5 Likes

This is the link from the medium article

11 Likes

Thanks but I wanted to know if there are others besides Charli3

3 Likes

We will also use Chainlink when they’re integrated with Cardano. We will consider any oracles that are capable of providing feeds that we would need beyond CL & C3, but these providers are expected to meet our needs. Here is the Chainlink partnership announcement as well:

22 Likes

Ok cool! I hadn’t seen this announcement!

3 Likes

Would love for you to spin up some of your own oracles on Ergo. Like others, waiting on read-only inputs on Cardano.

Interesting bit of tech. Currently v2 is being built out in conjunction with Waves Enterprises

6 Likes

Just curious here. How will system handle dual price feeds during price discrepancies? Open up an allowable trade range between feed prices maybe? I’m new to synthetics so just trying to learn

I could also see a setting to always choose best oracle price being utilized.

7 Likes

Indigo uses a soft peg rather than a hard peg. The market will determine the actual price of an iAsset. So discrepancies in price aren’t so important. The price feed is used to determine whether or not a CDP backing up an iAsset is insolvent. In this case the protocol could be more conservative and take the lower price for determining the solvency of a CDP.

Since there’s currently only one oracle for Cardano, multiple price feeds for an iAsset isn’t something we’ve implemented yet.

11 Likes

Also loved the idea of “Oracle Pools” which are implemented by the Ergo blockchain

7 Likes

I agree, Ergo has done some nice work in the oracles space.

2 Likes

Chainlink will be one of the choice for most of the Cardano projects.

4 Likes

There is a lot of development and innovation happening on Ergo

4 Likes

API3 would be fantastic!

3 Likes

Personally i’m not seeing much from the C3 team, they largely appear to be inactive from social media and from a development perspective (not i could be way off the mark here)

APi3 - i consider this team and the product to be completely superior to others.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree, the development on that blockchain is booming, people should look out for it.

disclaimer: I have a hefty bag in neta and ergo

5 Likes

There should be annoucement on their twitter

3 Likes

Cool, giving preference to native cardano projects is the right thing to do.

4 Likes

C3 team is very active. We have an open communication channel with them. If they’re not active on social media then that’s because they’re active actually building their oracle.

8 Likes