Another way to stop people from dumping the tokens just after the airdrop

We all know humanity loves to hear and tell good stories. The gamification of the learn to earn model could be a highly effective way to disseminate the information and increase the Indigo user base.

A hybrid model of story telling, education, soft time locking, and interaction with the Indigo protocol.

IE: In chapter one the over arching vision of Indigo is revealed. The user recieves a small amount of Indigo but then is presented with a choice. Cut and run or go on an epic quest to discover secrets and learn/earn more.

Each chapter assigns different tasks (interactions with the protocol) to our brave hero, which unlock the next part of the story and more Indigo.

At some point your hero wont be able to advance without help from your tribe, the Indigo community. To overcome the obstacle everyone has to pitch in. Possibly a certain amount of indigo lp tokens staked?

At the completion of the saga our victorious champions will recieve an NFT. As new features in the protocol unlock I wonder who can find a key to unlock the door to the next quest?

10 Likes

This sounds a very great idea. However I wonder if the team has enough human resources and time to work on it or not.

4 Likes

If someone wants to sell, they will sell anyway. Locking up the token wonā€™t stop them from doing it, they just have to wait for a little bit and still be able to dump the token as soon as they get it. I donā€™t think this works.

9 Likes

I agree. Iā€™m not sure why everyone over fears the dump at launch. It happens to all projects even without any airdrops. Better to focus on the protocol development to make sure people find it worthy to hold the token.

12 Likes

I agree with you. The dip happened to some apps on Cardano already while tokens are still locked up. The apps for the tokens I am referring to, are not live yet and Iā€™m sure that plays into it as well.

4 Likes

It is flawed as far as I know. There is always someone that does that, you are just delaying the selling time. Why worry, let the free market decide?

3 Likes

Correct people will do whatever they want with their money. But I have found out, in the long run is better to keep the token in the protocol where it belongs to do what it needs to do.

4 Likes

I agree with keeping the token in the protocol the maximun tine possible. I like the approach of Genius Yield. 50% six months later of the launch and the other 50% 1 year.

2 Likes

The INDYx is a good idea to curve dumping and promote long term growth/liquidity. Long term vision is one of the things I love about the Ada ( & Ada related projects) community.

2 Likes

Too much complication. Lets keep it simple.

2 Likes

I think giving benefit to token or lp holder is important.

2 Likes

Let the market decide sir, while letting team work on the actual protocol

2 Likes

I would down vote if that is possible

2 Likes

Yeh - I think Meld reworked the NFT into being increased distibutions instead, because people didnā€™t want their twitter handle linked to the account for the tasks to earn the NFT. I like their staking option and subscribed to the 12month option because of great APY + project direction. People who follow a good project arenā€™t going to dump their tokens and hopefully that would be the case for most here

3 Likes

As some other posters have intimated, the key is to ensure there is value in holding the tokens through meaningful rewards and participation. Along with this goes the need for clear education and dissemination of information to ensure that owners of the token can clearly appreciate the value of holding.

3 Likes

Create features at launch that people want to use. If you do that, fewer people will dump the airdrop. No solution will prevent everyone from dumping, nor should it - weā€™d effectively be like the Green Bay Packers shareholders at that point

4 Likes

Vesting period for sure in all tokens airdroped. I think will be the right solution.

2 Likes

How much the allocation drop for community sir?

2 Likes

I am fairly new to the project; however, I like what I am reading. I read the white paper this afternoon and just missed the vote. In terms of the airdrop, I donā€™t see a compelling reason to try to prevent people from dumping the token. It seems to me that the team and the project will rise on its own merits. Those that only wish to profit off of speculation are probably better off elsewhere anyway. Let them unload their tokens and hopefully, those tokens will find their way into the hands of real contributors. That will help the project and the token price out the most in the long term. Thatā€™s just my opinion.

5 Likes

They will give Airdrop tokens more value because the supply of Indigo Airdrop tokens is limited and demand is higher.Itā€™s not a bigger garbage dump, but a big purchase will come in.

3 Likes