Ada Handle Support

Today I minted some adahandles and I have to say, this is one of the best NFT use cases I have seen so far! The utility is amazing, I would love to see adahandles be also supported by indigo :smiley:
It’s just so amazing, I can now use my username when I need my address.
Did you guys mint any ?

79 Likes

Yes…i mint 4…i take the cheapest one…so happy right now just write our $handle…i really like this project…very useful and helpful…

9 Likes

Yes, I minted 6 in the Beta sale and 4 yesterday. I got a few for myself but also some for my family members…they just don’t know they need them yet! I agree that they have great utility.

13 Likes

Yes, it is awesome. The only thing I am a little worried is about privacy. I have mine in a second hot wallet I use to interact with Dexes. But i think that anyone who knows my handle can be able to see my wallet. I don’t know if I’m been paranoid but I just try to be careful as I’m still learning.

12 Likes

I didn’t mint any but I can definitely see the usefulness. Much easier to type in a handle than an address.

5 Likes

Love having a handle for each wallet, it’s so much easier than keeping track of addresses.

8 Likes

I need to read more into this and go to their site. What is the cost to purchase a handle? Thank you.

4 Likes

Congrats on your handle acquisition. Apart from making it easier to type an @handle in a body of text is there any other reason to have it? Am I being thick? Haven’t really worked out the utility as I don’t really give my address out to others much, just copy and paste now and again to move stuff around. What am I missing?

3 Likes

Interesting minting time it was really…
I also hope to use my unique $handle address with others… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i am also thinking of the privacy issue.BUT its really a great usecase imo

4 Likes

Did the same. Minted some after asking my kids what “screen names” they wanted haha, so we had fun with that. Would like to see Indigo take advantage of this great innovation on Cardano.

7 Likes

How so? I would think if I post a $handle, then you know it goes to me, but there is no vulnerability or way to exploit that info, you’d just know it belonged to me. As an example, on discord, I have my username set to $cleverusername to signal to people what my $handle is. I choose to do that. If I don’t, or am not comfortable doing that for some reason, then I’ll just use a “normal” ADA address. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and interested in any feedback.

4 Likes

I was lucky enough to mint mine during the public beta a couple months ago. Definitely a great use case and I love it, even though I have not really had a reason for people to send to my wallet. I think it is quite great though, and will help make transferring ADA and other CNA to others, helping adoption of Cardano in general.

7 Likes

True, is not a vulnerability per se. Is more like “exposing” yourself. If someone knows my capital movements and my social media interactions, that is more information that I’m comfortable sharing, with strangers. It can maybe make you a target for a scam? I really don’t know, I just try to be careful.

4 Likes

True, is not a vulnerability per se. Is more like “exposing” yourself. If someone knows my capital movements and my social media interactions, that is more information that I’m comfortable sharing, with strangers. It can maybe make you a target for a scam? I really don’t know, I just try to be careful.

3 Likes

Minted several myself. This will allow for easy and fast transactions. Wish i owned my cashapp name lol

2 Likes

They have a partnership so I strongly believe there will be ada handle support in Indigo

https://twitter.com/Indigo_protocol/status/1503838511396491275?t=t7IS4f4SgiKt8tk2jfu1Tw&s=19

12 Likes

I also got my ada handle! Love it.

1 Like

Adahandle it’s great

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Handles has changed the game for Cardano, who’d of thought it would be so fun.

2 Likes