A Pre-launch Airdrop, but with a twist

This could also be a good idea. I think that more of a traditional airdrop might be better than this, but I still like where you are going. If we were to receive an airdrop through the other method, I think that it would make it our responsibility as receivers of this airdrop to help the project to reach a greater audience. I think that people that are truly dedicated to this project will stick around. I know that I would be fired up for a long time having the passion to share about the indigo protocol to everyone I know that is familiar with the Cardano ecosystem. Thanks for your thoughts and insights!

2 Likes

Whenever it is paper hands will sell as soon as they get a chance. What really matters for the protocol is who really understands its potential and stays? I would just hold my bag beacuse I simply see that the future valuation is going to be much more than the present value at the time of an airdrop.
In as way some folks selling soon after a drop may not a bad thing. Its like spreading the token at a controlled emission rate.

2 Likes

This just moves the process back a step, unless there is some added utility of “blue” that incentivizes holding it until it can be used in the protocol (YF or Staking boost for example), then people are just going to treat blue as a proxy for indy anyway.

2 Likes

TVL always look scary to me suggest that if we go tvl it’s should allow people to withdraw there blue anytime ofcos there will lost there indigo if there lock time isn’t meet the requirement just dun do some long period tvl like meld spread it like per month will be amazing

1 Like

As long as the airdrop has a value it will have the effect we want

1 Like

I would like to say that this is the model anetaBTC is taking and so far it has been a HUGE success. I have been assisting with community management team and airdrop facilitation with the aneta team and it has been a lot of working getting things into place, but its been hugely successful in building a community. Incentivizing engagement with the product is a good thing.

2 Likes

I don’t see people selling early as a bad thing but rather an opportunity to get high volume on trading and giving folks who didn’t get a drop a change to participate with affordable price.

2 Likes

Learn from other people with experience sounds smart to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, there will always be people who will sell as soon as they receive, there’s not much you can do about it. But the way you’re approaching it, I really liked the idea. Another option is to give 50% of the airdrop when you drop it and 50% after.

1 Like

“Every channel was spammed with people asking for airdrops. Is that the kind of engagement we want?”

Is your “airdrop with a twist” geared towards fixing this? Because I would think that it would have much of the same effect with regards to spam.

3 Likes

Yes of course. But in Germany de have a problem with the lows and taxes by this way of staking.

1 Like

I also agree that the best airdrop option that encourages the use of the protocol a la MINt/MIN is a much better option!

1 Like

Very good point. Maybe LQ team bitterly regret the drop, thought it was a mistake or they think it worked out even better than they expected… Some feedback would be great

2 Likes

I think an airdrop for early users of the protocol is much better than a pre-launch one. We can get the same level of marketing while having people actually used the protocol. As long as they experience the protocol, we surely will have more long term users. As for pre-launch airdrop, it can create a hype but it won’t ensure the traffic of the protocol.

5 Likes

Well if you are trying to stop people from dumping the tokens right after airdrop, this approach is not gonna succeed in that. The token will be available on DEXs like Muesliswap the moment it is airdropped to the wallets. People will start selling the Blue token and those who have faith in the project will start accumulating it. So if you directly airdrop INDY token and people start selling it right after airdrop, it will end in the wallets of long term believers which will be great for the project.

1 Like

I personally don’t mind those who sell early, awareness is not only spread via the community engagement, but it’s also spread through the markets.

LQ has shown tremendous price action these last few weeks, granted i don’t believe the price action is justified due to the current tokenomics, but that price action has raised awareness of the project.

1 Like

I wouldnt say they regretted it : Liqwid’s Discord Airdrop Recap. In everything we do Liqwid Labs aims to… | by Liqwid Finance | Feb, 2022 | Medium

2 Likes

I agree, although questions are raised regarding the legality of LQ’s airdrop.

1 Like

I mean look at how successful LQ is . No one is really selling it and their discord grew so much along with their twitter following

2 Likes

Well, that is largely due to the LQ/ADA farming that occurring - the price of LQ i considered widely overvalued, the concern being that once additional tokens are circulated the price will not be sustainable, currently the project is around $2.6bn max supply - without a product.

1 Like