A Pre-launch Airdrop, but with a twist

So how would that look like? im assuming early users are those staking indy or being a LP etc but how would Indigo decide to choose those who would qualify ? I think airdrops like this and LQ can be seen as awarding users but also a mass marketing tool if deployed correctly.

1 Like

Thanks for this idea, i love that LQ is doing great i hope INDY will be same success !

1 Like

This is a good idea, it will be more work but it will benefit us long term. As long as people are not able to buy the token only sell what they were air dropped. This would stop traders and incentives hodlers and the project can bloom

1 Like

Just want to play devils advocate here (not saying this is my opinion). LQ has been very successful in their marketing. The team learned from this and decides this time with INDY to include a secondary wave of participants. They do this by announcing the airdrop which gets more people in and active. This allows the project to say people had multiple chances to get involved. The community can then say it was all publicly available information and everbody had a chance to participate. This provides social network security against FUD from people who miss out.

Most have also seen the price action on LQ and have some expectations about INDY following suite. If they drop tokens at launch its realistic to expect holders to continue to hold in anticipation of a similar price rise. This effectively puts a floor on the projects price if an at launch airdrop is voted in. IMHO this is a masterclass in social engineering :ok_hand:

I have no idea if any of this was actually thought out but I find it fascinating to think about. I could see the launch of Indigo becoming the standard for future projects in the Cardano ecosystem.

2 Likes

Some good ideas here but like other people said, sellers gonna sell. If something has the same outcome or unquantifiable difference - adding development time might not be the right decision. Hard to tell TBH :slight_smile:

2 Likes

People who believe in the project will stay for long term. Their wil always e people for quick bucks no matter which method you use. Keeping it simple is the best way.

4 Likes

What ever the project decided, th people who have faith in the project will remain with it o long term.

1 Like

Even if people decide to sell at launch there will be others who will buy. In the grand scheme these buyers are also early adopters. One could argue it might be better to have this type of mix of protocol participants. The extremely dedicated and the invested (those willing to risk money) to make the protocol successful. To me that seems like a very powerful group.

1 Like

concordo com você, isso trará mais pessoas para o projeto e com isso beneficiando o mesmo.

2 Likes

Good to attract liquidity at early stage

2 Likes

I like the thought, incentivising it definitely would be helpful.

2 Likes

Offering free tokens to the community is a wise move. But beware of selling

4 Likes

Imagine the indigo + AADA partnership, you lend your assets to the AADA FINANCE protocol, receive your nft bond and then stake the nft bond in indigo.

2 Likes

Great idea. I agree.

1 Like

I can definitely see you are saying. With air drops it’s a good opportunity to bring in new investors and spread the word of Indigo. LQ is a good example of that. People will sell initially and that comes with the territory. What you suggest would create more work for them which will take away from working on the protocol itself. Just my two cents on it.

3 Likes

Like many have said before - a pre-launch airdrop probably will help a project to spark interest among the community. I’ve personally been eyeing LQ since last autumn before the airdrop and am well involved with it now that the token also has use in providing liquidity, even before the actual platform launch. Of course there are always many variables to the outcome, but I consider a pre-launch airdrop in this manner a success. It quite much does marketing itself and also is a quite educational experience for many when you have actual use for the token, encouraging to be a part of the protocol even later on.

4 Likes

Let’s go make it happen!

2 Likes

yeaaa thanks for the chance

2 Likes

im greatfull to be a part of the comunity

1 Like

You will always have these people who will sell early, if it’s possible to put this token on stake it’s the better way to incentive people holds this one.