A Pre-launch Airdrop, but with a twist

I agree. Yet, activity in the forum could also be considered as a factor! Not in posting, but general (there are some stats in your profile, not sure if the team has access to them). Just a thought!

5 Likes

I too think an airdrop that incentivises tje use of the protocol a la MINt/MIN is a much better option!

3 Likes

This could work too.

1 Like

I like the idea, but I whink that maybe will take time and esfort to do this in term of coding. Maybe, another solution, but the the same idea behind, will be do an “airdrop bloked”, which will be unlock as log as you use the protocol.
Also, in order to show a good feth, will be possible to give a 5%-10% of the airdrop for everyone with no futher conditions.

1 Like

tis was just posted from the Liqwid core team.

Recommendation to anyone planning a Discord Airdrop: ensure the API service or bot you plan to use for export and timestamping is operating according to the exact needs of your airdrop model. The step 1 verification process was made possible thanks to the timestamp functionality in the server’s welcome bot. The step 2 verification was expedited by leveraging a Discord API for exporting responses in a channel.

We also recommend setting up a channel for edge cases and helping members troubleshoot any issues they face completing airdrop steps. Tasking a community moderator with fielding questions in this channel helped expedite the quality control phase significantly.

The next step involved an on-chain verification step where each member who successfully completed step 1 received individual instructions to send 2 ADA plus a unique 6 digit code (i.e. randomly generated number) to their own payment address, which they entered in the step 1 form. We had serious concerns of unforseen attack vectors clever adversaries may use to undermine the airdrop process. To mitigate this risk, we decided to borrow a page of the SundaeSwap ISO SPO vote and to use the unique amount of ADA sent to indicate a precise action. In this case, sending a unique amount of ADA to yourself would signify “proof of ownership” for each Discord member, explicitly linking a Discord ID as the owner of a particular Cardano address. The API was used to pull the step 2 responses periodically (members were instructed to post the Tx ID hash and Cardanoscan link in a specified channel). Community members had two weeks to complete step 2.

Similar to step 1 closeout there was an exhaustive quality control phase at the end of step 2 which involved community moderators resolving individual cases posted in the help channels.

The final claim step was the most streamlined set of tasks thanks to the incredible DripDropz team of SPO’s and developers. The DripDropz platform is an ISO and Airdrop aggregator for distributing Cardano native assets. The platform is built on the Phyrhose transaction chaining and querying protocol which enables low level communication with cardano-node. Once the step 2 quality control phase completed we shared the final address set with the DripDropz developers for them to load up each wallet address with an equal LQ amount (193.25 LQ) and transferred 1.5% of token supply (from the 5% DAO Treasury allocation) to the payload address. Of the 1570 community members verified to claim LQ on DripDropz.io starting on New Years (12am UTC on 1/1/22) less than 40 remaining members have yet to claim. This points to a 99.97% community participation in a little over 1 month’s time. If this is at all indicative of future governance participation in the Liqwid DAO we are in a great position as an ecosystem.

The support of the entire community was on display during the airdrop, on several occasions our core team was encouraged to see Discord members helping each other troubleshoot any problems that came up along the way. This community is strong and we can’t wait to see where you all take this ecosystem with the launch of governance.

We have a true second-mover advantage having observed some of the large scale governance and liquidity mining programs in the space, most notably Compound Finance and those that followed in the ‘DeFi Summer’ 2020 craze. In Liqwid’s case the hybrid airdrop and community distribution event work in tandem to preserve the fair launch ethos this protocol was built on.

Next Steps

Once the Agora governance system has completed security testing on our private testnet and is functioning reliably, we will open source this tooling for any distributed ecosystems in Cardano to leverage a general governance framework for proposal submission, voting and executing outcomes including delegated voting rights.

From the Liqwid core team, wagmi :heart:

10 Likes

Hey Impala, thanks for participating and we did publish a recap last night on our Medium.

Overall the airdrop was a success but as you have mentioned it was hectic for a long time after with essentially 5000 users asking how to claim their tokens for an entire month. The community managers were all hands on deck and without them it would have taken significant developer resources to complete the entire airdrop process. We were set on completing the airdrop w/o needing any participation from core devs and with 15 community managers working around the clock we pulled it off. The community growth factors are very real just look at the success of AnetaBTC airdropping to Ergo and Cardano hodlers.

Also want to note this is a bit of a different case as with the Liqwid Airdrop it was not discussed beforehand with the community, the DAO is not deployed yet so protocol level decisions are made by the core team through exhaustive discussion, debate and voting (very similar to the process of Cardano changes with IOG implements in a top down approach but within reason, e.g. the incentivized testnet, Project Catalyst). Indigo making this a public discussion is a great idea that opens this up to the entire ecosystem to weigh in on. The only point I will add is if we do opt for the pre launch airdrop the only users who should qualify for it should be those in the server before the pre-launch airdrop post was released on this forum. Discord timestamp tool should make this simple.

27 Likes

I didn’t think about that, a really good point!

5 Likes

I understand a line has to be drawn somewhere and that does seem like a pretty clean cut way to draw it. But there are people like myself who are very interested in participating in governance for Indigo but unluckily just didn’t happen to hear about indigo until later than this post without having knowledge of this post. Synthetics didn’t draw me in as fast as DEXs and lending protocols just because I didn’t understand yet what they were until further research. It’s more complicated than other DeFi applications.

Ultimately the devs will need to do what’s best/easiest for them though.

4 Likes

I’m one of those recipients of LQ and not selling, in fact Im providing liquidity on SS with Lq/Ada pair and farming with the lp tokens, 1 of the 3 pair you can do right now, no one Knew about the airdrop but couple of my friends and I become a very loyal and mouthpiece for that protocol, on every social media

3 Likes

Nice overview! Im curious to more!!

1 Like

No honestly yours sounds great without over complicating it

1 Like

It will help boost the TVL on the protocol
earlier.

2 Likes

I agree . I’m not even sure where I fit into the snapshot but this is fair for the pre airdrop. DC and his team ran a successful discord based pre airdrop and I trust his judgment in this possible one for indigo

3 Likes

As someone who didn’t do any research on minswap I found it confusing seeing both a MINt and a MIN token on muesliswap and it turned me away from the project. If there is concern about the airdrop not going to people that care about the project then there should be a cut-off date or some scaling factor which allows users that joined earlier to gain more than those that just recently joined.

1 Like

I portrayed similar view on discord. I’m not selling too. No matter how the airdrop is done there will still be some that will still but I believe majority will stick around and use the tokens in the protocol.

1 Like

I think whatever date is decided for the snapshot must have enogh beople to be sufficiently decentralised.

1 Like

Hi Dewayne
Thank you for your response, how would you judge engagement now after the airdrop?
From my perspective, I noticed that there´s more motivation to find out more about Liqwid, commitment to use Liqwid Finance at launch and the total value locked on Sundaeswap is 37% of the total LQ in circulation and creeping up.

I agree there should be a cutoff time but I would suggest we also take into consideration other factors such as contributing to the enrichment of the Indigo community.

1 Like

Dwayne my man.

No doubt the liquid airdrop was exhausting. The discord page was riddled with questions about the air drop for more than a month. It became tiring.
I wonder how many hours of sleep DC had during this period because he was all around the clock.

The open suggestion by the Indy team will birth a new method of rewarding early users and distribution of airdrops I believe. Just as the aneta BTC, liquid and minswap have their method with their project name affixed.

So many wonderful ideas already. Would be interesting to see what direction the team take.

3 Likes

I would love to see this. Much preferred option

1 Like

That’s model used by Minswap. Although it has its pros, it still didn’t stop people from selling MINt tokens anyway. So people who are just here for airdrop will anyway sell their, say blue, tokens.

3 Likes