Where do i start

i have been in crypto for almost a year wich started me down the path of finance. all of this can be overwhelming for a new user and the less determined might just throw in the towel. sometimes the first step is the hardest maybe a guide on how to get started with cardano defi tools would help

7 Likes

I do agree for a new investor getting into Crypto it can be quite overwhelming with all the information you are trying to absorb. IMO, I believe there are a handful of good articles/tips outlining how to get started with Cardano DeFi available to people compared to before if you look around. In regards to indigo, they’ve done a good job of explaining and making things as simple as possible in Discord. I’d suggest joining the discord if you haven’t as there are plenty of information and a strong community that can help out.

5 Likes

in the process of doing that for some reason my account is locked dont understand why i only used it once

I agree. At the moment there is so much happening on the Cardano blockchain (which is a good thing) that it’s hard to follow so many projects. I’ve had to pick carefully due to limits of resources (ADA) and time. It can be daunting though and every week it seems there’s information about new projects. Come June/July things look set to go crazy! That’s why it’s important to focus my attention on the projects that look to be the most interesting and useful. I think Indigo is one such project. At the moment I believe it’s promising to offer something different in a landscape with lots of competing projects with overlapping functionality.

3 Likes

Agreed! This is a great idea. Many of my family and friends are interested in crypto but only feel comfortable with CEXs at the moment, even when I try to explain wallets and using DEXs and different swap platforms… Different ecosystems for different utilities… It’s too much for most of them

2 Likes

i got my brother-in-law hooked on cardano mainly because i sent him a vid of charles :joy: but i have been dipping my toes in lq farming but he realy doesnt keep track of stuff like i do. i feel that he is the majority so for any project to get mass adoption it has to be a set it and forget it

2 Likes

yeah i find myself getting home from work researching stuff and still feel lost and its always hard hitting the buy button on the ada then even harder selling the ada for a native token. i really wish c3 wasnt an eth token cant figure that out im really excited about this project just so much to researc and so little time

2 Likes

Nice to see you on-board too, @adaislove. Everyone has their own learning curve and what works for one might not work for others. The way I decided to learn about the protocols on Cardano was to select a ““field”” of interest (in my case, DeFi) and read their white papers to select projects I liked the approach/technology. I am always checking the cardano cube (Explore projects on the Cardano Blockchain - CardanoCube.io) to filter the projects with a more reliable info. Obviously, they don’t have every single project being developed, but it’s definitely a good starting point.
Then, I selected the projects I liked most and started following them in different platforms (discord, Twitter, YouTube, …) to try to follow their development and updates.
That’s how I am doing and it has been working so far. How are you guys doing to learn about the other projects? I am curious to know because I know reading every white paper takes a lot of time (especially the Maladex one) and probably someone here has a more efficient method.

3 Likes

yeah im kinda in the same spot as you, still have a lot to learn. i was kinda of posing the question where do i start for people to think of when they started and how difficult and confusing it all was well still is in some areas. if any of these projects are going to work we have to get the average person that is more concerened about a TikTok dance than their finances. well i guess just puts more time into social media than their finances. one way is how the infomercials sold so many worthless products set it and forget it. people love not having to do anything :joy: and thank you for welcoming me im an ada for life been trying to figure out discord my profile got locked ugh

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a lot to do about the adoption of crypto in general. By now it’s very complicated to the average person to deal with so many different wallets and networks.

yeah and the volatility. i try to explain dca only what you can live w/o for the next 5 to 10 years and DO NOT TRADE 9x out of 10 u will lose ha then the reasons why i think cardano is one of the best cryptos. time is on our side though. im not rich so i like the fact i can put a little bit of money in lq farming and just let it sit for 10-15 years when we get ardana and indigo i think thats when the little guy is going to be able to make the most of their ada position if you want to add lq and r only adding 50 it cost 7 ada for 3 transactions if u have 2 buy a pair

1 Like

ardana has this thing called ardana acadamy i have only read 1 so far it was about how a blockchain works they have all kinds of stuff if anyone wants to give it a look https://bit.ly/ArdanaSubstack I think ardana is going to be a real good project and like a lot of projects in cardano they want their users to understand what they are using not just throw so ada and other native tokens and just hope for the best ardana acadamy

3 Likes

This is a good resource, they also do meetup groups and things of that sort. https://carpoolcrypto.com

3 Likes

thanks i will bookmark. i love this community kinda why my name is, well u c it :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for this I will look into Ardana Acadamy when I have time and can focus

Crypto growing pain, I feel the struggle… didn’t want to heart the message because it’s not a good thing lol

If it was easy to understand, it wouldn’t be revolutionary. Getting a full grip of things just takes time. The best way to master it is just by being in the space. Start with what you do understand, secure the bag and slowly start to branch out. Don’t worry about missing out, we have nothing but time on our side. Read all the white papers, view the products, join their discord and watch Charles’s YouTube channels and AMAs. Use cardanocube.io to view the growing ecosystem and just research, research and research.

4 Likes