Vetting Wallets before Airdrop

Should there be effort from the community to out those looking to game the airdrop
by using 3-10 wallets, or more.

If so should members be rewarded for their discoveries with a % of what the attacker would have received?
Discovering a user with 10 wallets linked should gain a greater % than discovering one user with 5 wallets linked.

12 Likes

Are you referring to people with multiple Discord accounts? I’d say let them do it if someone is so desperate to gain a few more tokens. INDY is about maximizing participation.

2 Likes

If we implement a punishment for selling the tokens then I believe we should also punish those whose first act is to deceive the community. By doing this more tokens go to the honest people as well as encourages the community to learn how to spot those who deceive by using multiple wallets, which rewards them for their discovery.

1 Like

Here is a list of all the wallets that are eligible,
From this list the community could browse and find the obvious attackers, (2 wallets for 1 person, fine, but 10 wallets or more?) maybe they could earn 5% of their discovery?

Hopefully, someday, it will discourage more gaming of the system. Why I think this should be done? Punishing sellers is one thing but having honest people in the wheel house is another.

2 Likes

100% agree with your comment

2 Likes

How would you vet wallets?

2 Likes

I think we should another step for the first airdrop like voted in the 4 steps temp vote check to limit sybiller

4 Likes

This is something I was thinking about as well.
Cardanoscan - https://cardanoscan.io/ is one tool that makes detective work fun. (the community member may know of others)

Once the list of addresses are released thats when the community can get to work. Some of the first clues that I would look for is # of transactions ( some have 300 others have 3)) is a good place to start. Perhaps there are more tools that can help with the vetting?

I was hoping this was as well received as not selling the airdrop.

How to use the tools on cardano, to spot gamers of airdrops should be rewarded. By this we all learn how to spot this potential threat as well as discourage this future behavior.

4 Likes

I could definitely get behind something like this if there was a way to accurately identify individuals with multiple wallets…

3 Likes

Hmmm I think this should be looked into

3 Likes

This sounds like a solid idea. However, unfortunately we cannot publish which addresses will receive the airdrop ahead of time.

3 Likes

How would you know which address belong to who?

1 Like

This should be kept in mind when nominating delegates or council members. If something can be abused it usually will be.

1 Like

Sounds good, but how would that work? How exactly would the community be able to discover these wallets?

1 Like

Could the Indigo team watch for which wallets have many transactions between them? Determine if one wallet was founded with funds from another on the list?

This would be a lot of effort to undergo and likely would lead to a lot of false positives. The Indigo team has already eliminated over 1000 cheater accounts from the first airdrop whitelist, and 20k accounts from the second airdrop whitelist. We’re doing everything viable to ensure the long term success of Indigo and to maximize value for its early users.

13 Likes

I agree, there should be 1 airdrop per person, not per wallet

4 Likes

Happy to see the launch is coming!!

2 Likes

Airdrop is now closed and all information is available in the Indigo paper