Proposal for Indigo DAO Constitution

This is gonna be big. I’m geared up for this.

1 Like

First of all thank you for the effort.
In my opinions it is a bit soon in the project for a constitution.
Apart from that I think that the AQB voting is a step in the right direction, the graph you have drawn though will lead to never have a successful election on critical topics because if you have a very good participation it is maybe 70% of the voters and you would need 55% of the votes to get it through. So my proposal is to think about the curve again and wait a bit with the constitution.

2 Likes

Can the constitution itself be changed if that’s necessary later and how?

1 Like

100 percent, looks awesome!

1 Like

As quoted from Article VIII of the Constitution:
Section 8.3 – Amendment. This Constitution may be amended by a successful Proposal via the Governance Contract. Upon approval by the Members, verification of the amended Constitution will be recorded on the Cardano blockchain.”

3 Likes

and now we can vote on it!

2 Likes

This is the project that cardano needed with DAO constitution

1 Like

Things are getting exciting now, just voted!

1 Like

This Constitution covers all aspects of what’s to come in the future. It’s Well thought out and planned with the DAO (us), and the community in mind. This is just the beginning.

2 Likes

OMG amazing to see all this information here. I will need to read it a few times to understand everything that is proposed with the DAO. But at first it seems amazing!

1 Like

After reading thru this, you have answered all the questions I had up until this point. You have given me quite a bit to think about. If I think of anything else, ill ask later. Looking forward to the future with this as a groundwork

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Typically constitutions are created before a project is created. I understand that there may be cultural differences however regarding how constitutions are used. With the constitution design as it is proposed, it has to be ratified before the protocol itself can be launched. The constitution is what describes the rules for the protocol to be created.

What comes first – the protocol or the constitution? In this situation the constitution comes first and is necessary before the protocol can be deployed.

Always a majority of voters should be in support for a proposal to be passed. If there is a high turnout such as 70%, if more than 45% of them vote against the proposal then it’s not adequate consensus and the proposal should be rejected. AQB well caters to this situation in that the more critical a topic is the more participation there should be and thus the lower the quorum threshold, but always quorum must be above 50%.

4 Likes

No remarks… Look ok to me.

1 Like

Great job guys! Looking good!

1 Like

AQB voting is an excellent choice!

1 Like

Good summary :slight_smile: We are all looking forward to the launch!!

1 Like

Great job!!! Thank you for all

1 Like

Two of the things I love most about Indigo is that everything is data driven and involves significant community input. Keep rocking it Indy team!

1 Like

The DAO is one of the key points in a Decentralized project, the document was excellent and the initiative was fair.

2 Likes

The project and the document are excellent. Good initiative!!!

2 Likes