iUSD vs DJED - Uses cases, advantages, when to use each?

I’m doing my homework on stablecoins, and was wondering if the community could help me understand, what are the key differences of iUSD vs Djed, key use cases and advantages? Why would I use iUSD over Djed, and vis-versa?

For instance, I believe I would use iUSD for more of DeFi to get a CDP, and have price exposure to long, short, and get stability pool liquidations. Also, the CDP underlying ADA can be staked in the meantime. The risk might be, liquidation if my collateral position is too low.

However, I would use Djed more as a pure stablecoin, trading my Ada for Djed (COTI stakes it). I would potentially have SHEN for reward exposure, but not necessarily have “DeFi” reward exposure. However, advantage may be the collateral for Djed is 400-800% so it may be a safer option.

Feedback welcomed. Thanks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/indigoprotocol/comments/11efg7d/iusd_vs_djed_uses_cases_advantages_when_to_use/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

1 Like

It wouldn’t be SHEN’s hold if he didn’t bet on COTI as well. Cardano’s method of transferring funds to Coti withdraws part of the earnings from those who hold SHEN and draws liquidity from Cardano. Already in Indy, when holding iUSD or the governance token, the fees are within Cardano, increasing your TVL. Perhaps betting on the iUSD/Djed pool would be better if you want to be protected from Ada’s sudden drops.