Indigo Cardano NFTs

I thought it would be really cool to see an official NFT collection by Indigo. That way it would bring in even more people to Indigo given how large the Cardano NFT community has gotten. One utility the Indigo NFT could have is that holding it while being a long-term delegator for 6 or 12 months gets you 1-2% more rewards then everyone else. That way the NFT never loses utility in the long run. Another idea I had is that we could mint synthetic NFTs, for example iSpacebudz.

How would you like to see NFTs incorportaed in Indigo and what utilities should they have?

29 Likes

I am all for the first idea of the post, i really liked it since you mentioned it on the Discord, it would encourage people to hold it for a long time, great utility as a whole

9 Likes

Hey brother, love the concept and agree that it would bring in a lot of people as the space is in love with NFT stuff. NFT’s are finding more and more real life uses and the concept you have hear would be a great idea.

However when it comes to minting iNFT’s I am not so sure I agree on that. An NFT is ownership and so creating a synthetic version if basically like a theft even though it is based on the price action of the NFT. I just don’t think the space would go for this idea. Not saying it is a bad idea…I think it is a great idea, I just don’t know how the Community as a whole would react to the concept at this point in time.

However, to add to your line of thinking and bring more value to this topic maybe we could use Indigo NFT’s for educational purposes. Once you learn something maybe you could earn an NFT based on your educational level like a certificate. We could then use those NFT’s as iNFT’s as we would have the concept of iNFT’s at the start of these NFT’s and no one could complain because it was built in.

You could ALSO do the same thing for the concept you have in your original post…iNFT’s for the NFT’s for delegators of 6 to 12 months.

This is a great idea you have and I am interested to see this discussion advance as NFT’s are here to stay now and bringing more real world utility to NFT’s is going to be important. Also, I genuinely believe NFT’s will be used by all things DeFi in the long run.

Will be following this thread for sure. Thank you for making it.

9 Likes

Yes. It’s booming to mint special NFT.
Let’s get on the boat! It will be making Indogo more powerful and reliable as a longterm investment.

3 Likes

if i had to argue against the idea of an indigo NFT, it would be that any ‘utility’ can be accomplished even without an NFT. if you’d like to reward a longer-term staker than a younger staker, the smart contract or protocol can handle that.

just cautioning that we need to get down to ‘what really needs to be an NFT, or can be accomplished with smart contracts easily anyways’. actually i might even bring that up as a topic separately.

4 Likes

The idea of a utility based NFT for increasing rewards would be great. However, I don’t see any value in synthetic NFTs and honestly think that would hurt the project over all.

3 Likes

DEFI projects launching NFTs with utility is a common concept on Cardano. As for iNFTs, the main problem is liquidity and price data as trading of NFTs is not very liquid so you can’t determine the price of an NFT in real time

5 Likes

I like the idea. One of the pics from the mascot competition that is currently taking place could also be used as a NFT!

4 Likes

NFTs have taken a major role in this space and any project offering it to it’s members will definitely generate buzz. Holding the Indigo token or a certain quantity could be kinda like a “whitelist or prerequisite” for minting one of their NFTs.

3 Likes

I always love this idea of using NFT ass collateral or qddding jt as liquidity a d generate a passive income. Im all in

3 Likes

It could be interesting, but from the stand point of utility, what problem would this NFT solve? If there is a way to tie the NFT to a specific wallet that denotes the completion of a training or validates a user as a “super user / trusted community member” that could have some utility. Personally, I don’t like the idea of buying a NFT just for higher yield. I think that becomes sophomoric and cheapens the protocol. I just think we really need to lean into more use case and utility if the NFT.

7 Likes

I really like the idea, after all I do like NFT’s. Especially in the cardano blockchain I must add to that. The same goes for smart contracts, I really appreciate the ‘technology’ behind them. And I think a lot or all of the things mentioned here could be handled by smart contracts.
The one thing smart contracts the haven’t got is that they are not ‘tangible’, you can’t see them etc. Therefore maybe difficult to grasp and even a bit boring for some…
Nft’s on the other hand can give you that ‘tangible’ feeling. That would be a purpose on its own. Utility? there’s a lot of perks you can attach to nft’s, but most of the time the utilities are like a sort of discount or boosters, maybe giving you access to things maybe a bit more creative there. (Not talking about game nft’s)
. Nft’s can almost be a sort of ‘crypto billboard’ in a way.

3 Likes

Agreed, let’s look outside of the synthetic world for a second. I think the Indigo team should create an Indigo NFT limited addition collection. This will definitely sell and gain value over time as the project continues to get exposure. Adding some rarity’s and utilities will prepare us to take part in web3 and the metaverse. Which would spread more awareness to indigo and it’s synthetic protocols.

6 Likes

I agree with the indigo NFT idea… most of us seem to be long term on this project I will second this sentiment… Bring on the 3 eyed NFT… anetaBTC did it recently…

4 Likes

Nft’s with utility are the way to go, look forward to the drop.

4 Likes

meh nfts dont add value

3 Likes

For every utility, NFT could be minted, it could bring in more people

3 Likes

Great idea…most of project in cardano ecosystem have their own NFT… so many purpose to launch their own NFT…to raise fund…to maintain their community etc…and i believe Indigo will collab with others to launch their NFT… i believe Indigo community will agree with this idea…do you? :grinning:

3 Likes

Great idea and definitely trendy in the space, i would encourage that the emphasis is on good utility to protect the brand and the integrity of the project. It can raise some capital and may be a nice benefit to the holders!

3 Likes