DAO developer work culture

Wanted to share an article about DAO developer work culture because I thought it was interesting. It discussing two models for either keeping developers around to continue contributing to a DAO, or providing incentives to attract developers back as needed to grow the DAO.

https://coinyuppie.com/how-to-maintain-a-high-retention-rate-of-contributors-in-the-dao/

28 Likes

Thanks for sharing the article. Creating an maintaining a strong DAO is essential for success. I like what they said in the article “DAOs have the potential to change the world by collaborating and accelerating innovation.” Thanks again!

7 Likes

The biggest problem which the collective decision making has is that a few of all the members are actually contributing in generation of ideas and decision making as well. DAOs will also face the same problems… community engagement is very important.

5 Likes

Let’s call an apple what it really is, an apple.
Majority of DAO’s that are created and community driven as purely from a price speculation point of view, the greater community don’t care for the technology, unless it’s directly tied to their wallets increasing.

2 Likes

Great insights into working if a DAO.

2 Likes

Thanks for share this article.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. Also a lot of so called DAO’s are not strictly speaking decentralised. I find it hard to label them as DAO’s when the devs have the keys. DAO’s are cool, hip and current but they simply aren’t decentralised…yet. I think they’ll form a large part of the crypto future once they get it right, so I’m bullish on their future. Once voting is tied to a smart contract that signs transactions and no other single parties have the keys, only then could they be considered DAO’s.

Are there proper DAO’s on other chains?

3 Likes

wow this governance forum is way better than sundae its like going from middle school to Harvard. thankyou so much for the info and keep up the educational material

2 Likes

Good article on have to maintain on DAO in the long term

3 Likes

Until there is a mechsnism built that eliminates the need to trust the devs, I cant fully trust any DAO, that is based on holding assets.

1 Like

DAOs are a Key element of long term sustainability of a blockchain, however, I haven’t yet seen a fully operational DAO. Not enough time has passed since inception for any DAO to be fully bulletproof

4 Likes

Your opinion makes me agree with you.

1 Like

Frankly i was deeply concerned about Sundae Swaps DAO immediately approving and introducing a new fee to be distributed amongst holders. Simply because they wanted more money. Ironically creating more fees just for a simple swap, thus pushing Sundae down the TVL ranks.

1 Like

The article is very useful, thank you. I think people don’t have interest because they’re not given active roles. For example talent besides devs can also collabarate in a DAO, like contributing towards creating a crisis management plan to try and prevent panic should there be an attack on the protocol. Had Terra Luna had something like this in place I believe it would have been a different story.

2 Likes

Really good point. Utilizing all resources and talent within the DAO is going to be paramount in my opinion.
Understanding the varied skill sets and knowing how to deploy them properly is going to be an interesting journey but I know we can :wink:.

2 Likes