Temperature Check for DAO Approval: Indigo Foundation Appointment of Simon Peters as Director

Thank you for putting this into clear words. I serve the Indigo DAO, not Indigo Labs. One of our first tasks will be to stress-test the system and discuss the results with the DAO.

2 Likes

Yes Sir! When ever you area ready I will be there!

1 Like

Yes - Simon’s appointment will be a great benefit to Indigo.

2 Likes

Excellent, this fully solves the question indeed. Thank you for your answer :pray:

1 Like

It’s worth noting that by having this direct perversion of incentives will be impactful for the Xerberus brand image and especially as a result and report published about Indigo. I don’t doubt that the Xerberus team will pledge themselves to utmost excellence, but my personal opinion is that, it is a position that does not positively impact the Xerberus project.

It does, however, positively impact the Indigo one.

Hello and good day all. Thank you all for the feedback, it’s always very helpful and engaging. We will be moving this Temp Check to a Poll shortly as there is clearly a favorable consensus. Regarding the raised issue of conflicts, in our view, every person qualified to be appointed to a Board (from those of publicly-traded regulated entities to a DAO’s foundation) will have a history within the industry that the Board serves and will inevitably have to address potential conflicts of interest. Managing potential conflicts is very much in the nature of Board membership, and we are confident that the Foundation Board members will be able to govern themselves and manage the issues. We also note that the DAO can vote to have the Foundation Board follow whatever processes the DAO deems reasonable and necessary. Regarding the issue of the stipend, we see it as a minimal amount needed to attract any busy, qualified person to the role. The DAO can certainly expect the Foundation to provide regular reports on their efforts; a specific set of proposals should be part of a future DAO vote (after the Protocol V2 update in 2024) to give the Foundation an annual operating budget sufficient to hire staff and build out the Foundation so that it can fulfill its mission.

1 Like

well deserved and agreed upon. I CONCUR !!!