Proposal for Indigo DAO Constitution

This Constitution covers all aspects of what’s to come in the future. It’s Well thought out and planned with the DAO (us), and the community in mind. This is just the beginning.

2 Likes

OMG amazing to see all this information here. I will need to read it a few times to understand everything that is proposed with the DAO. But at first it seems amazing!

1 Like

After reading thru this, you have answered all the questions I had up until this point. You have given me quite a bit to think about. If I think of anything else, ill ask later. Looking forward to the future with this as a groundwork

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Typically constitutions are created before a project is created. I understand that there may be cultural differences however regarding how constitutions are used. With the constitution design as it is proposed, it has to be ratified before the protocol itself can be launched. The constitution is what describes the rules for the protocol to be created.

What comes first – the protocol or the constitution? In this situation the constitution comes first and is necessary before the protocol can be deployed.

Always a majority of voters should be in support for a proposal to be passed. If there is a high turnout such as 70%, if more than 45% of them vote against the proposal then it’s not adequate consensus and the proposal should be rejected. AQB well caters to this situation in that the more critical a topic is the more participation there should be and thus the lower the quorum threshold, but always quorum must be above 50%.

4 Likes

No remarks… Look ok to me.

1 Like

Great job guys! Looking good!

1 Like

AQB voting is an excellent choice!

1 Like

Good summary :slight_smile: We are all looking forward to the launch!!

1 Like

Great job!!! Thank you for all

1 Like

Two of the things I love most about Indigo is that everything is data driven and involves significant community input. Keep rocking it Indy team!

1 Like

The DAO is one of the key points in a Decentralized project, the document was excellent and the initiative was fair.

2 Likes

The project and the document are excellent. Good initiative!!!

2 Likes

Amazing
Lovely Cardano ecosystem and Bright project Indigo
LFG :rocket:

1 Like

:sparkling_heart:
rise and shine baby !

1 Like

What were the reasons for chosing Cayman Islands for registering the Indigo Foundation company in? No income, no capital gains and no corporate taxes?

Are there any risks that come with it compared to registering the company in Switzerland, Norway or Estonia?

2 Likes

Usually Cayman Islands are mentioned when talking about shell companies and scams. However, I’m not sure how the Indigo Foundation could take everyone’s money and run. I haven’t read the full powers that the Indigo Foundation would have though in the Consitiution, I’m still reading it.

EDIT: Just read it, looks good. Here is Indigo Foundation’s essential power (page 5)

The Indigo Foundation shall have the power to enter into binding Relationship Agreements as directed by a successful Proposal passed by the Members, as set forth in Article V.

So essentially the worst they could do is enter an agreement that tanks the price of Indigo. In order for Indigo Foundation to become nefarious, somehow they would have to do this in a way that they make much more money out of the deal while screwing over the investors.

2 Likes

What were the reasons for choosing Cayman Islands for registering the Indigo Foundation company in?

The reasoning for Cayman Islands will be explained further in the Indigo Foundation Topic. Cayman Islands is uniquely set up for a truly decentralized DAO structure. Many other jurisdictions haven’t yet adapted their laws for DAOs, or they’ve done so in a not so ideal manner. With some other jurisdictions it may not be viable for Indigo because they require centralized actors with keys to the protocol, which isn’t possible with Indigo Protocol because there are no keys.

Are there any risks that come with it compared to registering the company in Switzerland, Norway or Estonia?

Many jurisdictions were evaluated, including those that you listed, and it was determined that Cayman Islands was the best fit for Indigo. Other jurisdictions could pose risk to the DAO Members in not properly limiting liability. Indigo’s structure is unique in that all of you, the DAO Members, will be directing the Indigo Foundation. Whereas in many other cases it’s the other way around, with the company directing the DAO.

The Indigo Foundation protects everyone via limited liability and will help Indigo prosper by allowing the DAO to interact with the real-world.

4 Likes

It’s not possible, because the Indigo Foundation has no keys to the Treasury. The Treasury will be completely managed on-chain, backed by the security of Cardano, and only withdrawable upon approval of the DAO Members.

The Indigo Foundation has no authority to enter into agreements not first authorized by the Indigo DAO. The Indigo DAO must instruct the Indigo Foundation to enter into an agreement. The Indigo Foundation however could enter into an agreement on behalf of the DAO with terms that the DAO may not like. So it’ll be very important for the DAO to specify to the Indigo Foundation what terms are acceptable and what are not.

The Indigo DAO also has the authority to fire and elect new Board Members. The employees of the Indigo Foundation should do what’s in the best interest of the Indigo DAO because their jobs depend on it.

6 Likes

Thank you for the informative reply :grin:

3 Likes

Crisp and precise - so the journey has begun.

2 Likes